Monday, February 25, 2013

SHOWCASE PLAYER OF THE WEEK (FEBRUARY)


Name: Ceci R. Aikens
Home Town: Upper Marlboro, Md
Team Name: BlackOut
Sports played: Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Track & Field, Volleyball & Kung-Fu
Position: Blocking Back & Rusher
Height: 5’11 3/4
Weight: :-)
What inspired you to play Flag Football?
A co-worker kept asking me to play on her co-ed team on Saturday mornings. I had no interest AT ALL!!! I did not have any football knowledge other then the basics. After about 6 months of convincing I finally decided to give it a try, and I am so glad I did.
How do you prepare for a big matchup?
I prepare for a big match-up by using the skills from my high school/college athletic careers knowing my opponent, meditating, drinking plenty of water, eating something the will fuel my body, stretching and most importantly listening to my favorite hype songs.
How competitive is the team you play on?
When BlackOut first started we weren’t very competitive but as we gained more experience and started to understand the game we became a force to be reckoned with. We are always in the Top 5 every season and have competed in the league championship game twice. We have started competing in more tournaments around the area and traveled to Orlando, FL last month to compete in the USFTL National Championship.
How do you like playing in Mid East Sports?
I absolutely love playing in Mid East Sports, I have been with the league since day one and I consider it to be my flag football home. The league has grown so much and the competition level increases every season. I have played in many different leagues and I can truly say MESPORTS is where I find the most competition and action. Not only do I get some good exercise in; I enjoy hanging around and watching  the other teams play. My Saturday mornings are the best Fun, Friend and Flag Football!!!
What other sports do you play?
I play basketball here and there, but my current focus is flag football I play for many other teams in the area throughout the year including Lady All Met the current back-to-back USFTL 8-woman(contact) National Champions. I also play in as many tournaments and pick-up games as possible. I Love The Game!
Any other information you would like to let your fans know?
Well....Wait I have fans? (smile)

No comments:

Post a Comment