Thursday, May 16, 2013

MESPORTS SHOWCASE PLAYER OF THE WEEK 5/11/2013

Mid East Sports Showcase Player of the Week
                                                                

Name: Layna Nelson
Home Town: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Team Name: Young Guns
Sports played: Flag Football
Position: Quarterback, Receiver
Height: 5’7”
Weight: Never ask a lady her weight!


What inspired you to play Flag Football?  I’ve always been a big football fan. My college (UNC Charlotte) did not have a football team, so intramural flag football was a big deal. I was convinced to play by some of my close friends, loved it, and have been playing ever since.

How do you prepare for a big matchup? I prepare for every game the same. I listen to some good music on my way to the field and warm up.

How competitive is the team you play on? Very. I am an extremely competitive person, so I don’t think I could play for them if they weren’t.

How do you like playing in Mid East Sports?  This is my first season, and so far, it has been great. I enjoy the competitive level.

What other sports do you play?  Softball, Volleyball, Snowboarding, Muay Thai

Any other information you would like to let your fans know?  Having good sportsmanship is a very important trait. Always maintain a positive attitude towards officials, your opponents, and your own team. GO COLTS!


No comments:

Post a Comment